Join Jay P Morgan and me as we share 6 tips on how to make a great contact page on your website. As a photographer or videographer, you website can be a powerful tool to get you business.
Use these tips to improve your website, make it as easy as possible for prospective clients to reach you, and be awesome.
If you liked these tips, then you should join our TSL Business Coaching Class starting in June. Learn more at:
– [JP] This is Jay P. Morgan and Adelaide Lawren. We’re gonna give you some great tips on how to make a good contact page that’ll help bring people to your studio. – [Adelaide] The first tip is that you can have a web form on your contact page so someone doesn’t have to switch over and go to their email client to send you an email. They can just email you right in there with the contact page. – Simple, easy, email goes directly to you. That’s a great way for them to contact you and not have to jump to another program.
– But, some people don’t like using a web form. They wanna send you an email. If you put your email on your website, you’ll probably get spam. So, a lot photographers and videographers ask me, “should I not put my website on there?” And my answer is that you wanna make this easy for your client. So, maybe you’ll get a couple spam messages every week, but It’ll be easier for somebody to contact you and that what’s most important. – And that makes it worth it. It’s worth the time. It’s worth the hassle you have to deal with in spam. So, it really is.
Another great tip is put a Google map on there so that people can find you easily, and make your address so you can cut it and paste it if they want to take it off from your page. I mean– – Yeah. – It’s just so frustrating when you don’t have that. – I see that a lot where it has the map and their address is in the map but I just need to copy and paste their address on my phone so I can have it route to them. It’s really great to have text on there that can be copied and pasted. – If you’re really tech savvy, you’ll have your address so you can click a button and you can text it to a phone number. Then they can just punch, so they can click on it and on their phone, off they go. I actually don’t know if that’s possible but I think it should be if it isn’t. – You can click some addresses and it’ll go into the phone and you can have it send to maps. – There you go. – That’s what you want. You want the people to get to you easily.
The fourth great thing to have on your contact page is an FAQ. When someone’s writing you, it’s probably because they have a question and if you can answer those questions right away, then it saves them the hassle. – That works great for portrait and wedding kinds of work because they’re gonna have general kinds of questions that they wanna ask you about how you do your work, what your fees are, all these kinds of things. It’s just great to have those Frequently Asked Questions.
– So, it’s also really great to show them who are they contacting. So, if you if you have a production house, you can have a shot of your production team, or if you are a head shot photographer, have a picture of yourself. – A nice head shot for a head shot photographer. Kinda makes a lot of sense, doesn’t it? But you’ll be surprised how bad some of them look. – Have your competitors shoot it if you’re worried about how it’ll turn out. – That’s right. Or your assistant. There’s gotta be somebody that can do a nice head shot for you.
– Not everybody wants to communicate through email. Some people just want to tweet at you. So, put your Twitter on there so that they can talk to you on Twitter and they can also connect with you there and stay in contact with you. – But be careful. If you put your Twitter on there and they’re gonna tweet you, you better be on Twitter. – Yeah. – Because if you’re not, then it’s gonna get lost in that world of who knows what. So make sure there’s a social media outlet that you’re active on or don’t put it on. – Make sure that your phone number is accessible and they can see that because if someone’s already shooting with you and they can’t find you and they need to call you right away, it’s so important to have a phone number. – Drives me crazy when you get on a site and you have to search to find the phone number. Should hit that “Contact Us” and all that information should be very clear and easily accessible so they can get to you as quickly as possible. – And a great option is if you have a lot of people calling you, you can also have your phone number on your menu bar at the top of your website so they they see it on every single page.
– So there’s some great tips to really make your contact page work for you. If you like this tip and other tips like this, you should come to our Business Coaching class once a week for an hour. We will go into depth about the different things to strengthen your business, your presence, your portfolio, marketing tips, great experts who will come and talk about the things they’re doing to make their businesses work. It will help you make your business work. – Plus, you can also get one-on-one coaching with Jay P. each month to submit for our one-on-one coaching. – Which I love to do when I can talk directly with the person about the problems they’re facing and help them overcome those. It really becomes valuable for that person and for the entire class.